The pre shot routine is important in this process – to establish where the jack will finish.
The anchor foot is placed in the centre of the mat facing directly up the rink centre line.
* Commence concentration, focus on and think about where the jack is to go.
* Either receive information from the skip or make own decision.
* Position the jack in the hand.
*The jack is held in the main fingers with the thumb on top and the wrist locked.
* Identify the intended line selecting a permanent object on the bank.
* Position the jack in yourn hand.
* Visualise the “shot” to be played, the line and how far, how fast?
* Confirm line, establish a focus point.
* Move on to the mat.
The jack is delivered by using the same action as for the bowl.
Click on the picture for a video on delivering the jack.
You must be standing on the mat, one foot must be completely on the mat. If your mat is beyond the 2 metre mark, the jack needs to be at least 23 metres from the matline.
Do not encroach on an adjoining rink when delivering your bowl.